Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Starting up again

It's been a while (2 years) since I last posted something. Recently I talked to some professors about going back to get my Ph.D. One of the qualities they said I should have was a love of writing. This blog will be my test.

Something that I found very interesting recently is Capsicum. It's a pretty interesting way of supplying capabilities to programs. It's very interesting. Basically it checks whether or not you have read/write access on unix file descriptors. FreeBSD 9 will include this and hopefully migrate over to using it in the future for all it's programs. There is already a chrome port running on FreeBSD.

It would be great to see the iPhone get this functionality in the future. Hacking through font rendering would be a thing of the past. If you get a chance, read their paper.

No comments: